1. what are your thoughts in the fitness industry across all platforms when it comes to women empowering each other and what more can people do to motivate each other ?
I see that we need more women in this industry that aren't so competitive against each other. They should be motivating each other and pushing each other each and everyday not only physically but mentally as well. What I think more people can do to motivate each other is showing constant support and positivity no matter how hard things can get we should always be there helping each other through the process.
2. How long do you cut & bulk & how many calories do you eat for each ?
It all depends on when my next show is but I don't really "bulk", I just work on gaining lean body mass. This doesn't mean I gain a ton of fat because when I cut for my next show, it puts my hard earned lean body mass at risk. When it comes to calories I don't really know because I just follow the meal plan my coach gives me to reach any goal I'm trying to accomplish so he's the one that knows all my macros and calorie intake.
3. When are you competing next?
April or May
4. How do I deal with cravings ?
I'll have coffee or I learn how to make the foods I eat sweet in some way with Walden farms, stevia, or cinnamon!
5. When you first started your fitness journey, how long did it take you to lose the weight ? & what did you do to lose it?
Took me about 3 months to start seeing results and I was very consistent and never gave up. There's no easy or fast way to lose weight. It evolves a clean diet and hard work at the gym EVERYDAY. It's all about consistency.
6. How do you make protein fluff ?
7. How do you do fasted cardio while your in school ?
I wake up 1 hour earlier and go to the gym at 5am to get my cardio in before school
8. How do you cut carbs for fat loss ?
When cutting carbs you want to do it slowly so your body can adjust and make sure you know how much to cut because everyone's body works differently. This is a big reason why I recommend getting a coach.
9. What helped you stop binge eating ?
I was extremely unhealthy, unhappy, and overweight. I decided to not only stop binge eating but change my entire life style. This change not only helped me lose weight but changed my mentality as well.
10. In one gym session how long do you do cardio & how long do you lift ?
It all depends on what I'm working out that day but my lifts can last 1-2 hours and my cardio varies depending on what my coach wants me doing but right now I'm doing 6x a week for 30 min on the stair master.
11. What are some tips on meal prepping for beginners?
Pre cook all your carb & protein sources and leave them in your fridge for easy access such as rice, sweet potato, quinoa, chicken, ground turkey, & steak. I also like pre packing my meals for the week since I am on a meal plan I already know all my meals for the week so I like weighing them all out and putting them into separate containers so that all I have to do throughout the week is throw them in the microwave and eat! However since most of you aren't on a meal plan I would recommend just pre cooking all the whole food sources of carbs and protein so that it's easy access to a healthy yummy meal everyday! A lot of time I found myself turning to sandwiches or food that isn't so nutrient dense just because I didn't have meal prepped and ready to eat so I highly recommend you do that to make sure you get those micronutrients in everyday!